The charity and fundraising foughts of Ian Atkinson


Wednesday 21 December 2011

Merry Christmas



Well what a great year it's been. Ok, not for Greece or Nick Clegg or Rupert Murdoch or Osama Bin Laden. But for me, terrific.

I became a dad for the first time to the amazing Daisy Boo (pictured), I had a couple of books published, I helped the agency win and grow a few of our charity accounts and I helped us win a few awards – including several fundraising golds.

And today I heard that the Christmas campaign we did for one of our newer clients has raised over a million pounds. Which they're understandably delighted about.

So, in the spirit of Christmas giving (or possibly because I can't think of any funny Christmas jokes apart from the one where Darth Vader says to Luke 'I have felt your presents') here's a pdf that you may possibly maybe might perhaps find a tiny bit interesting-ish.

You may not of course, but then, who really likes all their Christmas presents? I got a pair of 'slipper socks' as a present – try smiling convincingly as you unwrap those fashion horrors.

Anyway, the pdf is something I've shown a few clients and many of them have liked it. 


It's two lists, each of seven items. A list of the seven things we believe a compelling fundraising communication should be. And seven things we believe we should be trying to get our supporters to think / feel.

We call it 'Happy 2 Give'. Because the more of the 14 items on the lists your fundraising can achieve, the happier your supporters will be to donate.

Like the ones who donated a million pounds to the appeal I mentioned earlier.

Have a very merry Christmas and here's the pdf.

No comments:

Post a Comment