The charity and fundraising foughts of Ian Atkinson


Monday 18 January 2010

Well heeled



I mentioned last week that I’m walking everywhere, since my girlfriend’s icecapades ended with her crashing my car into a police car.

At the weekend, I was walking around town with her. And she was complaining about it.




Complaining about walking. Even though it’s her fault (or the policewoman’s fault – the insurers are yet to decide) we had no car.

Trying to give her a sense of perspective, I recanted the Oxfam case study I read last week about a woman who has to walk 22 miles every day, just to collect water.

“Yes,” replied my girlfriend, “but I bet she doesn’t have to do it in high heels.”

Anyway, as I also said last time, we’re in the middle of two pitches at the moment. So I’m working on them every waking moment. Rather than writing a longer, more interesting blog.

Maybe next time I should recount the experience of working on a pitch in an agency.

At the moment, I can describe it for you in two words.

Exciting.

Knackering.

No comments:

Post a Comment